Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Whatcha' Reading?

I'm joining up with Judy at Patchwork Times (click here) to share what I'm reading.

I finished V is for Vengeance by Sue Grafton this week.

I just got myself a Kindle Nook last week. I finally caved in when I joined Amazon Prime. Those who have that membership can borrow books from Amazon, just like a library. They also have free or very reduced price books all the time.

I've never been one to want a book reader. I get all my books through online used book sites or through this great website, PaperbackSwap.com click here). I love this site! You give a list of books that you are willing to swap. At the same time you create a list of books you want. If someone posts that book as available, the site sends you an email to confirm you still want it. Then voila! A little bit later you have the book. If someone requests it, the website sends you an email. You send it off and you get a credit for one book. You earn credits by sending books, use credit to get books. Everything is the same: 1 credit = 1 book. It can be hardcover, softcover, mass market paperback or an audio book; they're all one credit. The site is very controlled so you don't get ripped off. I've belonged for a couple of years and have no complaints.

A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1)

But I digress. This week I am reading in a physical book with covers, etc., A Great and Terrible Beauty. It's another teen/young adult book. Goodreads gives this synopsis: "A Victorian boarding school story, a Gothic mansion mystery, a gossipy romp about a clique of girlfriends, and a dark other-worldly fantasy--jumble them all together and you have this complicated and unusual first novel." I'm enjoying it so far, but am only about a quarter way through.

I also had a free book on my Nook. I liked the story, but gave it up. I don't like my books to have over-the-top profanity or vivid, detailed sex. I prefer it to be like the old movies: they kiss with intensity and next you see is the couple smoking cigarettes! I don't have the name because the book is in the other room and I don't want to walk in there to give you the name of a book I put down.

I just want to go quilt.....bye.


1 comment:

  1. LOL on your sex description. I can take a little more than that, but not much. In other words, I didn't even think about reading 50 Shades of Gray!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make me smile and feel warm and fuzzy. To show you my appreciation, I try to answer everyone's comment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...