Sunday, January 13, 2013

Stash Report

I've been joining Judy L at Patchwork Times in her Stash Count for 2013. Actually I'm also doing "Get Her Done" and this weekend I participated in her first "Quiltathon" of 2013. Judy sure is a fun lady and her blog is a treat to read.

Without further ado, here is my 2013 Stash Count Week 2.
Used this week: 1.5 yards
Used YTD:  2.75 yards
Added this week: big fat 0
Added YTD: big fat 0

I'm not using a whole lot of fabric, but I'm in that stage where I'm finishing up some quilts. Just wait until I get to the backing!!! YeeHah!

Soooo, where did that hefty 1. 5 yards go?

Looky here:


This is my Spiderweb quilt that is on my Get It Done for January. What you see above is the completed, sewn together, waiting for borders Spiderweb blocks! Hurray for me!

I spent my Quiltathon, which was only Friday evening and all day Saturday making the "piano keys" border. I don't know what their real name is...but it is an adapted form of piano keys. It will be the middle border on the quilt.

First you cut 2 . 5 x 4 . 5 blocks from scraps; I had about half already in my stash. On to the neutral blocks, in cream white, for Step 2. I only had a few in my stash since they had to be cream and also no print of other colors. It took FOREVER to cut those out.

In the meantime I whined to my hubby about how much faster it would be if I had an Accu-Quilt Go. I spent a few hours cutting and sub-cutting. In all honesty I cut way too much. Arggghhh. But 130 sounded like soooo many! With the Accu-Quilt dream, I thought it would take only 30 minutes! But you know how that probably turns out. The Accu-Quilt is #5 on my list of quilty things to buy from my pin money.

Onto step #3...sew cream squares to rectangles. I especially love that pink and turquoise plaid! Yummy!


Times ticking and it's step #4. Sewing them in pairs...


chaining style!


I want you to know I'm being very brave here, or is that foolish, showing you that I still have my Christmas tree up on January 12th? I am going to take it down this week! Of course, I said that last week (I'm an inveterate truth-teller--meaning I don't know when to stop babbling!) then school started and it was so busy and I didn't sleep well, and oh, you know...

From here on it's sewing pairs to pairs, etc. etc. etc. and they're all pinned now. I did that during the SF 49ers game! They won!

This week: getting that border finished and sewing on all three. It'd be nice to accomplish more, but it's nice to stay in reality once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. They make me smile and feel warm and fuzzy. To show you my appreciation, I try to answer everyone's comment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...