Saturday, January 5, 2013

Stash Count Sunday

Stash Count

Here's the stash count:
Used: 1.25 yds
Added: 0, zilch, nada
I'm finishing up 3 quilts, have all the backing and binding. So I'll bask in the glory of having a positive balance for what might be the only time this year!
Judy Laquidara, of Patchwork Times, has a cool and fun blog. She is always having activities for all to participate in. One is a "Weekly" Stash Count. "Weekly" is a period of time you can define by multiplying it by whole numbers. I think I'll define weekly as 4 x weekly= once a month. Who knows? If I get it together, I might manage it more often!

Judy also hosts the Getting It Done Challenge. Each month you list what you want to get done for that month. I will share my progress here during the month, the good, the bad and the ugly. My January list will go up tomorrow

The Fine Print
I committed myself last year to working on my "kits" only. My kits are stored in their own plastic shoebox with a label. In the box is a pattern for the quilt I have seen and desire to make and the fabric to make it. I don't think I'm alone in this, hmmm? The only reason to buy fabric would be to get something that wasn't in the kit.

Well, I did purty good job, if I do say so myself. The little itty bitty problem I had was I changed the type of quilting I do...I have become a great fan of Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville.com. She is my quilting muse! I also became enamored with string quilts, ahhhh, *big sigh*. 

Because of this, some things have happened...

  • I am cutting my own scraps, stored in two 13-gallon kitchen garbage bags. Cutting is the operative word here.
  • I buy a half yard of fabric on sale to add to my strip sash.
  • I have three scrap quilts from Bonnie that I'm kitting up. They will be leaders enders.
Many things will be explained in coming posts. You will be inducted into the mind of a passionate quilter, who is sweet, kind, noble, brave and good-looking! (Family joke! My mom always used those descriptions, in that order to talk about one of the family)
 You will learn about string quilts, scrap quilts, my adventure into making a Double Wedding Ring (cue scary music!) and hopefully remain sane. You get the exclusive on my quilting goals, my progress, and my pinings of wanting to quilt much, much more than I have time...I'm sure that isn't a unique thought. But you will get a fix on it from my eyes!

So for today,

See you on the Quilty Side of the Street!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. They make me smile and feel warm and fuzzy. To show you my appreciation, I try to answer everyone's comment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...