Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Joining Up with Wonderful Hands to Help


I’ve only managed one charity quilt in my quilting life. My intent has been to do more but I haven’t followed through.
Enter Hands to Help Charity Quilt Challenge. Each year between March and June, quilters are challenged to make a quilt for charity. This year there are three charities to choose from:
        Quilts of Compassion
        Hurricane Sandy Survivors
        Quilty Hugs for Happy Chemo
You can click on the badge on the right to learn more about the Challenge and find out about each of the charities. 
I hope you join along! 
Sarah, who writes the blog: Confessions Of A Fabric Addict, is an amazing person. She is a compassionate woman who runs a quilt ministry that gives quilts to those in need. She needs quilts to be donated also! 
In addition she hosts the very fun, Can I Give A WHOOP WHOOP on Fridays, runs a blog FOR quilters, BY quilters for sharing compassionate quilts: Quilts Are For Giving. 
And if you think that doesn’t keep her busy enough, you should read one of her Monday posts: Make-A-List Monday. It wears me out just reading it!  
I have chosen to make a quilt for Quilty Hugs for Happy Chemo. This was my first choice because of my Mom. She went through chemo in the 70’s for breast cancer. I can picture in my mind how delighted she would have been to receive a quilt while in chemo. You can read more about my Mom’s story here.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your Mom... it was my Daughter. I'd guess that disease has touched every person in one way or another.
    Your Momma would be proud!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out, Terri! I'm so glad you're joining in the Challenge this year!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make me smile and feel warm and fuzzy. To show you my appreciation, I try to answer everyone's comment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...