Friday, January 3, 2014

A New Blog Party to Urge Me On!

Well, hello! Aren't I posting a lot the past few days. Just say thank you to Mr. Virus.


I'm not that polite...Boo, hiss Mr. Virus. It's my Winter Break you commandeered, you weasel. I looked forward to 6 (six, 5+1, 6-1) lovely days of quilting. But no, you evil being, you have kept me from quilting for two days. Go away! Don't come back! You are indubitably not welcome here ever again! *Poof* I'm feeling better today and can quilt--hurrah!

For my loyal followers, there has been quite a bit of repetition in the blogs since New Years Day. I'm just getting my ducks in a row for the start of a more organized and git-off-yer-butt 2014.




I'm joining up with A Lovely Year of Finishes. Finishing is on my New Years Goals (here) and this seems like a splendid way to urge me on. I've put the link from Sew Bitter Sweet Designs in my right sidebar.

This month my goal are:

1.  Make 40 (10 per week)  more Log Cabin blocks for my TGS & OSLW wedding quilt. With any luck, I'll have it to them by their second anniversary! (In June), which is amazingly ambitious. That's quite a push. But I would be happy with by the end of summer, giving me time while I'm not teaching during the Summer Break.

Here's my Log Cabin on my design wall:

This is a by-golly beauteous quilt-in-the-making.

2.  Make 16 (4 per week) more Sister's Choice nine patches. I'm making a Sister's Choice quilt that is on Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville Quips and Snips blog. I'm doing as a Leader Ender quilt, so it takes a little more time. In essence, I'm doing two quilts at the same time.

This a picture of the quilt from Bonnie's blog

A sample of nine patches I have made

I have made 50 blocks out of the 140 needed. I'm making a king-size quilt.

See you at the end of the month!


4 comments:

  1. Love our log cabin! The colours are fabulous! The Christmas plague zoomed through our family before, during and is still hanging on. Congratulations on your quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better! You have some great goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hate Mr. Virus, too. We are just starting to feel better here, and we've been sick since a week before Christmas. Happy Holidays! Hope you feel better fast.
    Love your log cabin. I have a grandgirl - in love with her best friend - sounds like quilting time to me!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilts are lovely! I do quite a bit of sewing but wish I knew how to quilt. Thanks for visiting Night Owl Corner....just stopping by to check out your blog too!

    Linda
    www.nightowlcorner.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make me smile and feel warm and fuzzy. To show you my appreciation, I try to answer everyone's comment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...