Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Carol Countdown: 11 Days to Go

I've been nursing a sore back and a couple of migraines...it's kept me away from posting these past few days.

Only eleven more days and I haven't wrapped a single present, sent off packages to the east coast kids, the tree is undecorated, the Christmas lights haven't gotten up on the house. My poor hubby is down quite frequently and the rain is hampering us too.

What matters though is not all the wrappings, although I do want my kids to get their presents before Christmas, it is the Spirit of Christ. I've been listening to Christmas Carols for about a month now. I watched the original How The Grinch Stole Christmas last night. Christmas has many traditions, and I've been sharing many of them with you, it makes the season fun and joyful. But Christ means more to me than all the rest. Christ was born over 2000 years ago, yet I can feel him in my life when I pray. I feel his Spirit when I sing songs of his birth, when I read the scriptures. Christ has helped through so much in my life; I am so grateful for his birth, his life and his sacrifice.

About now, I don't think the Christmas lights aren't going to get up on the house. This wouldn't be the first time the Christmas tree only had lights on it. And it won't be the first time one of us has been sick on Christmas Day. All that matters is the Day, to celebrate and honor his birth. And, as Charles Dickens said in A Christmas Carol that we "will honor Christmas in [our] heart[s], and try to keep it all the year."



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. They make me smile and feel warm and fuzzy. To show you my appreciation, I try to answer everyone's comment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...