Monday, January 19, 2015

First Finish of the Year

I have a crazy beginning to my Quilting New Year. I’ve already finished my first quilt.

In November, I read in one of the blogs I follow, about a QAL that was just for the month of November. I was feeling pretty good with Nancy Drew’s tree skirt finished. I hardly ever do a QAL, except for Rainbow Scrap Challenge this year. I have countless, because I refuse to count them!, UFOs that need to be a priority.

But I did go and take a peek. The blog I had read said wonderful things about Lori and her fantastic QALs. Once I went over to Humble Quilts, I was hooked. The quilt used 1-1/2 inch squares and I had plenty of those.

Lori had seen a vintage doll quilt and immediately wanted to make one herself. Once she drafted a pattern, she invited anyone to join in.

My box of 1.5" scraps & sewing into strips

Working on Seminole Border


The new skill I learned in making this quilt was Seminole Piecing. It was a bit difficult and took me a couple of quilting sessions to figure out how it worked!

Here is the finished quilt as a wall hanging.





And now, the charming Farley showing the quilt off as a doll blanket.




I’m looking forward to the next Lori QAL at Humble Quilts. I enjoyed this one so much.

I’m hooking up with the blogs that are listed on the right sidebar. Mosey on over and see lots of beautiful quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. They make me smile and feel warm and fuzzy. To show you my appreciation, I try to answer everyone's comment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...