Monday, June 2, 2014

Hands2Help & Pinks Progress

Me, at 15, enjoying summer!

It’s the first week of “summer” for me. School is out and I’m looking forward to spending most of that summer in my quilting room!


Me, in my pj's in my favorite place: Home
I admit I’m a “homebody”, a lovely person who can't get enough of being home, someone who enjoys the warmth and simple pleasures of being home, someone who hides out in her house, quilting, as much as possible. 

This first week’s project is to finish my quilt for Hands2Help. I’m donating my quilt to Hugs for Chemo. I chose it because my Mom had chemo and I know how much a quilt would have meant to her.

My Sisty Ugler with friend in Honduras


It’s fun that this quilt is going to be a collaboration between her two daughters. When my sister, Sisty Ugler, decided to give up on quilting *gasp*, she gave me her stash! I didn’t have to wait for her to pass on to inherit it! The best of both worlds: I got her fabric and I have her!

I found this cool set of blocks for a quilt.



It is going to be such a cheery and colorful quilt. I love how funky it is—I never use these kinds of fabrics. But I love them.

What’s left to do is sash them, sew the top and quilt. In 6 days. I CAN DO IT—because I’m on VACATION!

The only other thing to accomplish this week is finish one block and make another for my blog hop post this Saturday. Look at the top of the right sidebar for the badge “For Pinks Sake”. Then look for me on Saturday!

Tally ho! I’m just can’t stop being giddy with summer-ness!

happydance

I’m hooking up with the following blogs. Hop on by to check out lots of lovely quilts! Their badges are in the right sidebar.
So Scrappy RSC Saturday
Patchwork Times
Show & Tell Tuesday
Fabric Story
Linky Tuesday
WIP Wednesday
We Did It Wednesday
I Quilt
Fabric Frenzy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. They make me smile and feel warm and fuzzy. To show you my appreciation, I try to answer everyone's comment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...