Monday, March 5, 2018

LB&LF#7 Wherein We Celebrate Meeting A Goal!

March has flown in with many winds here in Northern California. It definitely came in like a lion...the end of March will tell whether it goes out like a lamb. We had lots of wind and rain this past four days, which we definitely needed. Rain, that is. We don't need wind, in my opinion. I had enough of that in Maryland to last me for a year.

Without anymore preamble, here's the progress from last week. And, prepared to be awed!

Looking Back

I had one single goal this past week and it was to make 45 more blocks for my grandson's High School graduation quilt. Drumroll! I made more than 45 blocks!

Here is the assortment of blocks that I've made so far. I got carried away and driven by my own enthusiasm. I cut too many strip of one color combination and came up with 40 blocks. Eeeerrr.😕

40 blocks in one color combination is too many.

By doing modern math, I found that I only needed 12 blocks of each color combination. Just a little bit overboard!

I'm back on track again. And let's not forget that I met my goal of making 45 usable blocks. So this is definitely a winner!

Looking Forward

I hate to be redundant, but I want to make 45 blocks next week. One more week of that will bring me to 135 blocks, just ten shy of the needed 145. I think I'm making good progress on getting this quilt done by end-of-May graduation!

A Bit of Scrappy News

I am a friend of a very popular quilter who does trunk shows, et al. She knows I love to make scrap quilts and gives me the scraps after each quilt she finishes. I got a big cloth bag full of her latest scraps. They are gorgeous and they are in my favorite color!
I can't wait to start using these gorgeous blues!

I am hooking up with the bloggers listed on the left column. They are great bloggers, one and all. It's worth it to go and explore there blogs once you get to their linky site.

Nyd din dag. (It Danish for "See you later." I'm Danish! (partly), (like one third), (just to be honest). 



15 comments:

  1. Great job on getting all those blocks done, and on learning the "new math!" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blocks look fantastic,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have that line of blues in the shop where I work. It's been extremely popular. You will have so much fun playing with those fabrics, and scrap projects are always so beautiful! Thanks for linking to MCM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! Love the color combos. That's 45 blocks I didn't make... you are doing great. Love it.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love those bright colors together! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This quilt is going to be wonderful! Love the colors, plain fabrics, and the pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have the lion here in the midwest also. Brr! Good luck with your block goal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its a tall order to make 45 blocks, but you got this! It's going to be gorgeous when its finished. I'm so over winter...I live in Tennessee and complain. I feel for other parts of the country who have it much worse than me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the progress on your grandson's quilt, especially the value changes - looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,
    That graduation quilt is going to be gorgeous! And now you have enough extra blocks (45-12 = 33!) to start you on the path of another one or two more. Those scraps!! They all look fabulous. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is no such thing as too many blocks, especially when they are so darned pretty. I am sure you will do something wonderful with them. I am jealous (just a bit) of all the scrappy goodness you received. I say - I do not want to be rich. I just want rich and generous friends :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on meeting your block goal! Love the colors so far!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colors in the blocks for your grandson's quilt. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY for making more blocks than planned! You have great goals!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make me smile and feel warm and fuzzy. To show you my appreciation, I try to answer everyone's comment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...