Saturday, January 6, 2018

A Scrap of a Post RSC#18-1

Hi Ho, Here I Go!
Again!
I'm joining in for my 4th year of Rainbow Scrap Challenge. RSC, as its moniker, is the brain child of  Angela Waters. Each month a color is chosen by Angela and quilters near and far make blocks of that color. The beauty of this monthly creativity is that you can choose just one block to do in all colors over the course of a year. You can choose to make many different blocks and keep making them over a number of years, eventually coming up with a quilt. There's always a block sampler quilt and Angela always comes up with a block or two you can make if your well of inspiration has gone dry. This year she and Mari at The Academic Quilter are sponsoring a QAL with rainbow colors in tow. You should go and visit the RSC site because you'll see a lot of variety. The badge is on the left side column. Click it once and off you go!

This is the second week of show-and-tell. There is sharing every week on Saturday by those caring to drop in. This will be my first RSC blog for this year. I made a quilt in 2014, then started one in 2015 which got lost along the way. Last year I picked it up for RSC 2017 and was making blocks on the colors that I had missed in 2016.

I've got the 2014 quilt into the flimsy stage. I even have blocks left over for a child's quilt.



I chose a snowball block because I was still teaching school. I had very little spare time and snowball blocks are easy.

I saw this quilt below done previously by a RSC quilter. I was so enamored with it that it became my block for 2015. This quilt is found in Making Quilts by Kathy Doughty of Material Obsession. The version she shows in her book is not my cup of tea, but I did love what I saw below. I also found a few other patterns from Kathy's book that I wanted to do, so it made buying it easier!


Here are blocks I made so far:


I do have a green one ready to sew together. I even have 2 or 3 others that are finished, except I can't seem to find them in the mess I call my quilting room!

My goal for January is to finish the green block.

See you on Monday.

Nyd din dag

Enjoy your day, in Danish. Just don't ask me to pronounce it. I'm about 1/3  Danish and Danish is the 8th hardest language to learn in the world and that's saying a mouthful when you think of all the languages spoken across the globe! 
 

4 comments:

  1. Best of luck finding the missing block. Hoping that you have a finished quilt or two finished by the end of this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I don't know what happened to the comment I was writing, but I'll start again.)
    Glad you are back to quilting. Love the snowball - I see some fabrics that I have in your quilt. The other is a quilt I have on my "to do" list. Love how subtle yours are.
    Keep us in your loop girl. (I've been out sick, just can't do much more than nap.)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! on getting your quilt top together. Best of luck with sewing up this year's blocks for the RSC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snowball quilt is so colorful. The black really makes it sing! Good luck with RSC18.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make me smile and feel warm and fuzzy. To show you my appreciation, I try to answer everyone's comment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...