Sunday, March 31, 2013

Design Wall Monday

I have a different sort of design wall this week. I've gotten very little quilting the past two weeks. And yes, I am doing fine...not perishing from lack of quilting.

Along with quilting blogs, I also follow a blog called A Simpler Life, Creating a Simpler, Saner Life. I've signed up for a Decluttering Class there with Beth, the blogger and person behind the simpler life. She sends out weekly Simplicity Tips and has a Declutter Calendar for each month of the year. The class starts tomorrow. I really need this class, I mean, like, really need this class. I know all of you out there are so organized and together, but there are people like me...less talented at keeping it together.

In a couple of paragraphs you will see the depth of my need to declutter. However, Beth gave a challenge to the class to take on a small task to finish before the Declutter Class began. I chose to weed and plant my lettuce.

This picture is now lost because somebody deleted it from the hard drive

TaDa!
No peeking below!  Just look at this garden box in wonder and awe!

This is my design board for the week!

Yes, I got 6 lettuce seedlings in, plus another row of lettuce seeds planted. And a row of green onions planted.The weed cloth is covering the seeds from the birds, they always forget to look there.

And what's ahead of me...this year we have had a bounty of weeds. And I don't weed until right before Spring starts. So Exhibit 1 and 2 are below. Or as I like to call them:

Yucky One and Yucky Two

These pictures are now lost because somebody deleted them from the hard drive




And here is one of two planters with strawberries coming back very nicely.



Now just follow me...keep walking, we're walking, walking...

You see, my son TGS and his OSLW are coming to visit at the end of this month. Hurrah!  I can't wait for them to get here and I'm glad it's a few weeks away. I bet a few of you know of this conundrum.

Most of the house is fine. After all, my sisty ugler was here a few weeks ago and we got the house purtified. The other things that didn't get done, we closed the doors on. I'm one of "those" people who put dirty dishes in their oven when guests come over. Ask my kids. They'll tell you the story of the time I put a plastic colander in the oven. A few days later, I turned on the oven...sniff...sniff...what's that horrible smell??? Baked colander!

I also will gather things up quickly into a laundry basket and put them out in the garage. Or in the tub with the shower curtain pulled.

Stop snickering! You know you do it too!

There's some little straightening, dusting, floor mopping, vacuuming to do. And then there's THIS!


Guest bedroom, right side

Guest bedroom, left side


 And THIS!

Back porch, left side


Back porch, middle


Back porch, right side


I'm glad none of you know where I live...not that you'd want to come after seeing this!

The sad fact is TGS & OSLW read this blog. No secrets now, blabber mouth. I just want them to appreciate how gorgeous the house is when they come. Or pat me sympathetically while they say, "The pictures didn't do it justice."

I've linked up with Judy over at Patchwork Times. Click on badge in right column to see quilts on real design walls!


9 comments:

  1. Wow! Lots of work to do, lol. Happy cleaning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this gave me such a great chuckle and grin this morning!! I'm soooooo glad I'm not the only one out there who does this. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lettuce and strawberries look fabulous. Your son is coming to visit you, right??? Don't beat yourself up, enjoy your process. Take joy is the simple pleasures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now OSLW knows where I get my cleaning habits from. We have already melted something in the oven in the last year.

    -TGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Bad form! When you were growing up you always had the cleanest room. You know your sister's room was knee-deep in clothing and candy wrappers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey this is what happens when we quilt... stuff piles up. I've found unfinished thank you cards from a year previous when I cleaned lately. (We always had a really clean room and house when we were kids, too, but it was all under duress.)
    Get your son and cronies to help you. Our son helped his Dad to relevel the washing machine on Easter! (Then he ate about a third of the meatballs.)
    Happy Gardening!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be just like you if it weren't for DH. He's the neatnik. I get certain areas such as my studio and boy it looks a lot like your guest bedrooms! Keep thinking small steps and small projects -- they are so much easier to do than big ones. I'm envious your lettuce is in the ground... not here quite yet but soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been in a decluttering mood lately, too. More power to you! I wish our weather were warm enough to get into the yarden, but NOT. And with the drought out here, I am wondering about water restrictions this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm just envious that you can already plant something. We've still got snow on the ground! Since we can't get out in the yard yet, I've been doing some decluttering. It is such a nice feeling when you see progress and the junk is out of your house.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make me smile and feel warm and fuzzy. To show you my appreciation, I try to answer everyone's comment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...