Tuesday, November 23, 2010

One Day to Vacation!

It's one more day of teaching and then it's Thanksgiving Vacation! I am so excited, which is why I'm sitting up at the unheard of hour of 12:30 a.m. and starting a blog. I rarely go to bed on time the night before the day before the last day before vacation. (And if you followed all those befores, you're more alert than I am.


I watched a great movie tonight, all in the anticipatory/celebratory state of the day before... Have you seen Second Hand Lions? It came out in 2003 and I actually watched it for the first time about six months ago. I ended up buying the DVD and watched it again tonight. It stars Robert Duvall, Michael Caine and Haley Joel Osment (from Sixth Sense). This is a movie that is sweet, quirky, utterly adorable, and it made me cry a couple of times. But it was a good cry.




It's also a great movie for families. It's rated PG. There's no cussing, no sex or nudity, no vulgar or coarse language. It's refreshing to watch a movie that has good character development, an unusual plot line, engaging actors and story.

What a gem! You'll love Haley Joel Osment with his almost-puberty cracking voice. If you have kids, I'd say they should be 12 or older to watch to really get it. I'm basing this on my 10-year-old grandson...I think it would amuse him and he'd enjoy it, but wouldn't get the meaning.


I always love to watch movies with the family on Thanksgiving Break, so you might want to check this one out!

And so it goes....my day.....my thoughts.....
Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...