Saturday, November 29, 2014

RSC 2014 November

I am amazingly close to being caught up with all the colors for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. It is truly shiny.

I do not do Block of the Month (BOM) quilts or Quilt Alongs (QAL). I am so limited in the time I have to quilt, that 1. I need anytime I can eek out for quilting on my own projects and 2. I can never keep up the pace.

The exception has been the RSC. I was delighted to find a QAL I could do! I chose a simple block: Snowball. 


I’ve been keeping up…until school started and I had to go back and work. August is surely the bane of my existence! (You can find woesome posts singing the dirges of August here: 2014, 2013) When August rolls around, about three months of my own life disappear under stacks of paperwork, meetings, trainings, assessments, and inservicing teachers. Believe it or not, I’m a teacher. Sometimes it takes me two hours to answer my email for a day. I have an inordinate amount of paperwork. I would love to just teach, it is a joy, my passion. I think I spend almost as much time doing non-teaching tasks as teaching.

But I digress. As for the RSC, August was light green and September was orange. I was able to pick out my light green and orange scraps. 

For October, the color was light blue. I've patted myself on the back and have done a little dancing because I got it done. I just didn't get it posted. And now, here they are:






This month is browns/greys maybe blacks. And I made those also! As for August and September and the fabrics I picked out...there a tragedy unfolds as I can’t find my orange or light green fabric!

I’m a great believer that if you search for something and just can’t seem to find it, then stop. It will show up sometime soon. For me, it translates into months or years before things show up.

Now that your hanky is perfectly soggy, here are my November blocks! I now see that I have a plethora of stripes. Oh well, I liked all the fabrics when I chose them and so they remain!

I'm hooking up at RSC 2014, you can mosey over there by using the button on the left sidebar. It's a great deal of uniquenesses to see what blocks everyone has been making!


Here are the fabrics that I have in each color: At least one novelty, a plaid and a vintage fabric




7 comments:

  1. I recognize the horses fabric! So glad you could use some of it.
    Love the snowballs. I try to make half the blocks with light corners and half with dark for an added bit of interest.
    Thanks for the comments you've been making on my blog... for some reason I cannot respond to them using email. I think the security on this computer is too strong, or they flubbed on the last update. Anyway, I appreciate your input. Thanks for stopping by.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too sing the blues in August. I understand how little of my teaching day is devoted to the joy of teaching and how much is training, paperwork and general upkeep. Glad that you have been able to find some time for your blocks though, what a fun collection it is turning into.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks! I love your variety of blues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your blocks are great - I bet they will be fun all together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a good way to showcase the fabrics! Leeanna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snowballs are a good idea for scraps.
    I know what you mean about time...I work 10 hour days year around. I sew to relieve the stress from that job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot of emails :( and some very pretty snowballs :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make me smile and feel warm and fuzzy. To show you my appreciation, I try to answer everyone's comment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...