Friday, May 30, 2014

It Is The 150th Day of the Year!

summer

I love summertime more than anything else in the world. That is the only thing that gets me through the winter, knowing that summer is going to be there.  Jack McBrayer
 
It is my last day of teaching! Summer awaits! Tomorrow and the next day and the next…I will gloriously enjoy all the days ahead!

summer 5


My first day of summer, Noel Heart and I are going for a massage and lunch. Ahhhhh….

summer 9

My summer tradition starts with a week of sleeping in until I wake. I spend the entire week quilting and doing nothing else.

summer 8

For me, summer is defined by three words: QUILT, QUILT, QUILT!

Night & Day January 2011
xblue christmas sm












This year I’ve made a pledge to not let my mind go to the place that says, “I’ll do that in the summer.” I’ve missed the enjoyment of summer when too many of these happen.


summer 7

This summer my oldest daughter, Noel Heart, have made plans. This is the beginning of a summer where she lives close by. We are going to watch Call the Midwife and So You Think You Can Dance.

summer 10

I hope for another day at the beach like we did earlier this month…

2014-05 Beach the group!



Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.   John Lubbock

Ready?
Set.
Go!

 
summer 3






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. They make me smile and feel warm and fuzzy. To show you my appreciation, I try to answer everyone's comment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...