Saturday, January 22, 2011

Happy New Year!

I decided I'd take the week after Christmas off as a vacation from the blog. Hmmmm, I think Rip Van Winkle and I must be related.

Today is Saturday, which I have a love/hate relationship with. All I want to do for the entire day is quilt! One look at my house and I know I have to put some time into cleaning. Then there is the Sunday School Family History Lesson to prepare... I don't want even a minute to be taken from my quilting time. You quilters must know what I mean!

The positive thing I've been doing this year (22 days so far!) is getting up at 5 a.m. on weekdays so I can quilt before work. I can't always guarantee I can get any quilting in afterschool, so I thought I'd try early morning.

I love getting up early because you get so much done before the day even gets going. The problem is that I'm terrible at getting up. The snooze button and I are very well acquainted. Nothing has ever been successful at getting me up earlier than the necessary time to get ready for work.

Now I know how powerful quilting is in my life! I've been getting up every morning and quilting. It's amazing. Sometimes I wake up at 3 or 4 a.m. and think, "Only x number of hours till I get up to quilt!" I love the quiet. I can dedicate myself to quilting because at that time in the morning I don't think I should be (your choice) a. cleaning house, b. wrangling with the budget, c. exercising (it'd be nice if I did!), d. all of the above.

It's getting used to getting ready for bed at 8:30 and lights out at 9:00 that's different. Of course getting up so early does help; I'm awfully tired by 8:00 at night. It also puts me in synch with DH's schedule. He gets up at 4:30 a.m. and goes to work at 5:30.

I'm going to share my big quilting project in the next post. First I have to figure out how to post pictures in a blog!

1 comment:

  1. Early, Early Mornings are Wonderful!My favorite time of day to quilt.....

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make me smile and feel warm and fuzzy. To show you my appreciation, I try to answer everyone's comment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...